The Fond du Lac Fire Chief says it could have been a lot worse. Firefighters were called to a residence early Thanksgiving morning for a report of a smell of smoke in the house. The resident was not able to find the source, but firefighters found a towel smoldering next to a lamp laying in a pile of clothes. Fire Chief Pete O’Leary says there were no working smoke alarms in the house and if the resident was not awake to feed her baby the outcome could have been much different. Firefighters were on the scene to clear the house of smoke and placed working smoke alarms in the house before they left the scene.